I vacuumed up a Saint Bernard's worth of animal hair from my living room carpet this morning because it had probably been 3 weeks since I'd last laid a hand on my vacuum cleaner. That is a simply dreadful admission coming from someone who has 3 animals living in her house--three VERY HAIRY animals. But, all of the non-essentials to daily survival have fallen by the wayside. Vacuuming (and most other cleaning activities) have sadly been moved to the non-essential list. Making sure that my family has clean underwear--THAT is essential.
Here is a list of events that have been taking place in the Spaulding household as of late:
- Jackson got his first tooth! It looks like it's smack dab in the center of his bottom jaw and is only visible when he gives you a big, heart-melting smile. Tooth #2 should be making its debut shortly.
- I have a twitch below my left eye. It's been there for what feels like weeks. I believe it plans on taking up permanent residence there.
- Terry lost a fight with a large landscaping boulder and gouged his middle finger with gusto. I told him that it was God teaching his middle finger a lesson. He didn't think it was funny.
- I bought a can of spray paint! Even though it's to use for a home improvement project, I still felt like a hooligan who was up to no good while I was walking out of Home Depot, spray paint can in tow.
- I've eaten approximately 6 slices of pizza in the past week. That's just plain ol' inappropriate for a woman in her 30's.
- The twitch in my left eye is more prominent due to the very deep, very dark bags below my eyes. I would like to sleep for 40 hours, please.
- I have been out of coffee for 2 weeks.
- I miss my boy all day, every day while I'm at work. My heart actually aches from missing him so much.
|My brother Brian (Jackson has TWO Uncle Brian's) with Jackson|
|In this series, I think he actually looks Asian!|
|Sweet baby boy|
|My little love|
|Practicing some of his vocal techniques|
|This one makes me clench my teeth because he's so cute!|
|Our sweet little Mel. Good girl, Mel. You're so patient!|